collected by us or provided by you in relation to your use of the website.
Definitions and interpretations
Data collectively all information that you
submit to John Johnston trading as John Johnston Entertainment via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the
processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation,
for as long as GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR the General Data Protection Regulation (EU)
John Johnston trading
as John Johnston Entertainment of 21 Madison Wharf Shelly Road Exmouth Devon EX8 1DA; we or
User or you any third party that accesses the
Website and is not either (i) employed by John Johnston trading as John Johnston Entertainment and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing
services to John Johnston trading as John Johnston Entertainment and accessing the Website in connection with the provision od such services; and
Website the website that you are currently using, http://www.johnjohnstonentertainment.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- References to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices are to sub-clause, clauses or appendices of this privacy
- A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
Users with respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws. John Johnston trading as John Johnston Entertainment is
the “data controller”. This means that John Johnston trading as John Johnston Entertainment determines the purpose for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you;
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- We collect Data in the following ways;
- Data is given to us by you; and
- Data is collected automatically.
- John Johnston trading as John Johnston Entertainment will collect your Data in a number of ways, for
- When you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail ot through any other means;
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect Data, for example: date, times and frequency with
which you access the Website and the way you use and connect with its content.
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best
possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate
interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
- We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- Third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website – to enable third party payment providers to
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for
We store you Data on secure servers.
- We are certified to Norton. This family of standards helps us manage you Data and keep it
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you
suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via e-mail address: email@example.com.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your
computer devises against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is
supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your Data on our
- Even if we delete your Data, it may be persisted on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory
- You have the following rights in relation to you Data:
- Right to Access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the
information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we
refuse your request, we will tell you the reason why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it id inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the
processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you
may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current.
Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold
- This Website does not provide links to other websites.
- John Johnston trading as John Johnston Entertainment may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business
and may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of John Johnston trading as John Johnston Entertainment. Data provide by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our
for which it was originally supplied to us.
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is
invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of this privacy
policy will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will
be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Welsh
on your first use of the Website following the alterations.
You may contact John Johnston trading as John Johnston Entertainment by